The 2023 Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) exam will be held via remote proctor April 10-21, and registration is now open for eligible candidates. To determine if one is eligible to sit for this year’s exam, visit aspe.org/education-credentialing/cpd/exam.
What is the CPD?
Administered by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), the CPD program is the only international credential for engineers and designers of plumbing systems. It sets the standard for leadership within the industry and provides formal recognition of outstanding professionals with advanced skills in the design and specification of plumbing systems.
Those who pass the CPD exam are awarded the “Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD)” designation. The CPD designation is designed to initiate the following:
- Establish specific standards for professional competence in the field
- Identify and recognize those individuals who successfully demonstrate their acquired knowledge and abilities
- Encourage plumbing engineers to participate in a continuing program of professional development
- Provide a standard for educational programs in plumbing engineering
- Enhance the status of plumbing engineering as a unique discipline
The 2023 CPD exam is $450 for ASPE members and $675 for nonmembers. Not an ASPE member? Join today to save on the CPD exam fee and take advantage of all of our other member benefits.
The deadline to register for the 2023 exam is March 31, 2023.